A cake with berries in summer can and should be prepared. Firstly, it is delicious, and, secondly, it is a sin not to use a large number of fresh berries (and not very expensive). For all lovers of homemade baking (and who does not like it!) MustHub has prepared an interesting recipe. We are preparing a sponge cake with seasonal berries.
Fresh berries are baked right in the biscuit, giving it a truly summer vitamin taste. And a gentle sour cream cream will make your sponge cake very tasty, and you will definitely want additives!
for the test:
- 4 eggs,
- 1 cup flour,
- 1 cup sugar,
- 1 cup of berries (strawberries, currants, raspberries, cranberries, etc.),
- 1 tablespoon of starch,
- 1 teaspoon of oil,
for the cream:
- 1 cup sour cream,
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar,
- 10 g of vanilla sugar.
- Separate the whites from the yolks and whisk the whites at the lowest speed of the mixer. Pour in the sugar one spoonful at a time and continue to beat until you get a stable foam.
- Gradually introduce the yolks into the mass and mix gently. Then also gradually add the sifted flour and mix with movements from the bottom up.
- Cut the large berries into several parts, leave the small ones entirely. Sprinkle the berries with starch.
- In a greased form, pour some of the berries and distribute them all over the bottom. Pour out the sponge dough, pour the rest of the berries on top.
- Send the form with the dough to the preheated to 200°Remove from the oven and bake until golden brown for about 20 minutes. You can check the readiness of the biscuit with a wooden stick – it should be dry.
- While the biscuit is baking, prepare the sour cream. To do this, beat the cooled sour cream, gradually adding powdered sugar mixed with vanilla sugar.
- Cool the finished biscuit, then cut it in half lengthwise, soak it with berry juice or syrup and smear it with cream.
- Assemble a sponge cake, decorate the top with berries and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
By the way, you can also make a delicious homemade lemonadeto refresh yourself in the heat.