What to cook from red currant: TOP 3 recipes
Red currant contains a lot of iron, which is so necessary for blood vessels, and also potassium, which has a beneficial effect on the heart and removes excess fluid from the body, preventing swelling and bags under the eyes from appearing. Red currant awakens the appetite and promotes the digestibility of animal protein.
MustHub has collected for you the TOP 3 recipes of dishes and drinks from red currant .
Red Currant pie
2 eggs; 100 g butter;0.5 cup sugar; 0.5 cup powdered sugar;1.5 cups flour;1 tsp baking powder;1 tsp lemon juice;1 cup red currant berries;split mold with a diameter of 24 cm.
- Carefully separate the yolks from the whites. Put the whites in the refrigerator, and grind the yolks into a homogeneous mass with sugar and softened butter.
- Gradually add the flour with baking powder and knead the soft dough.
- Roll the dough into a ball, wrap it in a bag and put it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Grease the split form with oil and evenly distribute the dough over the form. Put in a preheated 180 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Beat the cooled whites into a strong foam, gradually adding powdered sugar and lemon juice.
- Carefully mix the washed and dried red currant berries into the whipped whites. Remove the cake from the oven. In the oven, set the temperature to 150 degrees. Evenly distribute the whipped whites with currants on the surface of the cake and put the pie in the oven for another 30-40 minutes. As soon as the top layer is browned , the cake is ready.
- Leave the pie with red currants to cool in the oven, open the oven door slightly. Carefully remove the cooled cake from the mold.
Red currant kvass
300 g of fresh (or frozen) red currants; 2.6 liters of water;300 g of sugar;2 tsp of dry yeast.
- If you use frozen berries, then remove the berries from the freezer and leave for an hour at room temperature. If you use fresh berries, then pick them from the twigs and rinse them under water.
- Using an immersion blender, punch the red currant berries into a puree.
- In a three-liter jar, put the puree of red currant berries and add sugar.
- Pour in the same dry yeast.
- Pour in warm water (the water temperature should not exceed 40 degrees for the yeast to work). Add 200 ml of hot water to 2400 ml of water at room temperature to make the water warm. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. Leave the jar of kvass on the kitchen table, cover with gauze, a saucer or an inverted lid. Leave the berry kvass for fermentation for a day.
- A lush berry cap will appear on the surface of red currant kvass.
- After a day, strain the ready kvass and bottle it and, closing the lids, put it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours. The longer the kvass is in the refrigerator, the more carbonated it becomes.
Dumplings with red currant
For the test:kefir with a fat content of 2.5% - 200 ml; chicken egg-1 pc.; salt-a pinch;sugar-1 tsp.; soda-0.5 tsp.; premium flour-2.5-3 cups.A glass with a capacity of 200 ml.For the filling:red currant berries-200 g; sugar - 50 g.For submission:sour cream - to taste; sugar-to taste.
- Pour the soda into the kefir at room temperature, mix and leave for 5-6 minutes (the soda will be extinguished in the kefir during this time). Then add the raw egg, salt and sugar.
- Mix well, add flour.
- Knead a dense, almost non-sticky dough, cover it with a film and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Wash the fresh red currants, remove all the twigs, dry them. Frozen berries do not need to be thawed.
- Next, knead the dough with a small amount of flour, divide it into small pieces.
- On the surface dusted with flour, knead each piece of dough into a flat cake. In the middle of each tortilla, put 10-12 red currant berries, sprinkle the berries with 0.5-1 teaspoon of sugar on top.
- Form dumplings in the usual way for you, carefully blinding the edges.
- Boil the water in a saucepan, put the dumplings with red currants, let the water boil again and cook them over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold with sour cream and sugar or honey, jam, etc.