On Monday, March 15, Lent begins, which will last 47 days. And on this occasion, MustHub has prepared cool recipes for dishes that you can eat during the fast.
Dumplings with mushrooms
Did you know that dumplings are not only a delicious dish, but also a kind of meditation. After all, modeling dumplings very well calms down :)
- Flour — 3 cups
- Water — 1 cup
- Raw mushrooms — 700g;
- Onion — 2 pieces;
- salt — 1 tsp.;
- Black pepper-a couple of pinches;
- Vegetable oil — 5-6 tbsp. l.;
How to cook:
- Knead the dough by mixing flour with water. Cover the dough for 20-30 minutes. During this time, the gluten will combine with the water and the dough will become pliable and elastic.
- While the dough is waiting for itself and waiting in the wings, prepare the filling. Wash the mushrooms and cut off the dark places. Cut the mushrooms coarsely and randomly. The shape of the slicing is not important, because after frying all this mass you will pass through a meat grinder.
- In a preheated frying pan with 2-3 tablespoons of oil, pour out the mushrooms and, stirring over medium heat, fry them until golden. Frying mushrooms should take no more than 15 minutes. Then remove the mushrooms from the stove.
- Cut the onion into half rings. Then pour the onion into a preheated frying pan with 2-3 tablespoons of oil. Stir-fry over medium heat until browned.
- Combine the onion with the mushrooms and pass through the meat grinder. Add salt and pepper and mix well.
- Roll out the dough to 2 mm. Using a mold (a glass or a coffee lid with a diameter of 7-8 cm), cut circles.
- Lay out 1 tsp of the filling. Fold each circle in half and pinch the dough around the perimeter. Then connect the ends of the dumpling to make a dumpling. Pinch the edges carefully and carefully. If the circles are dry for better stickiness, the edges around the perimeter can be lightly lubricated with water.
- Place the dumplings on a floured surface. At this stage, they can be frozen, for this product, you need to put it on a thickly floured baking sheet and put it in the freezer, after a few hours, the dumplings can be poured into a bag and stored in the freezer.
- Cook the dumplings in salted water (for 2 liters of water, 1 tsp. with the top) brought to a boil. As they float to the surface — cook for only 1 minute.
- Brush the mushroom dumplings with vegetable oil and, if desired, sprinkle with green onions. Very tasty to serve with soy sauce.
How to cook a hodgepodge: recipe with photos
- Fresh mushrooms — 300 g;
- Pickled cucumbers-100 g;
- Pickled mushrooms-100 g;
- Green olives — 1 jar;
- Potatoes — 2 pcs.;
- Onion — 2 pcs.;
- Carrot — 1 pc.;
- Tomato paste — 3 tbsp.;
- vegetable oil — 2 tsp.;
- Salt — 1.5 tsp.;
- Pepper peas — 8 pcs.;
- Bay leaf — 2 pcs.;
- Lemon slices;
- Parsley or dill greens.
How to cook:
- Chop the onion. Grate the carrots on a coarse grater.
- Pour 3-4 tablespoons of vegetable oil into the pan.
- Over medium heat, brown the onion and carrot for 10 minutes. Stir it so it doesn't burn.
- Add all the tomato paste, dilute with water (150ml). Mix well. Simmer the onion-tomato stew over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes.
- Cucumbers are finely ground.Marinated mushrooms cut into plates. Put the pickles in a saucepan, add 3 tbsp. l. vegetable oil and simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Fresh mushrooms are crushed. Peel the potatoes, cut them into pieces of about 2x2 cm. Cut the olives into 2 mm washers. Save the brine liquid, it is needed for the broth.
- Brine from simple black olives is not suitable! So don't replace green olives with black olives. Black olives can be added separately without brine.
- In a 3-liter saucepan, fill 1.5 liters of water. Boil it up. Add 2 bay leaves and 8 pieces of black peas. Throw in the potatoes and fresh mushrooms.
- Cook for 10 minutes over medium heat. Add onion-carrot-tomato paste. After the tomato passerovka, add stewed pickles and olives with brine. Cook the hodgepodge for another 10-15 minutes. Add salt (1.5 tsp salt).
- Take it off the heat. Let the solyanka rest for 15 minutes.
- When serving, put in each plate: chopped herbs and a couple of lemon slices. Serve with herbs and lemon.
Green Lentil Soup
lentil soup-a simple recipe
- 250g dry green lentils;
- 2 medium onions;
- 1 bell pepper;
- 2 tbsp tomato paste;
- 4 garlic cloves;
- Piece of celery root 5x3cm;
- Parsley greens;
- 1 tsp topless dry oregano;
- 1 tsp topless turmeric;
- 1 bay leaf;
- A couple of pinches of ground black pepper;
- 1.5 tsp salt;
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil (for frying).
How to cook:
- Go through the green lentils (this is important, because even stones can come across).
- Wash, fill with water, about 1.5 liters, leave for 8-12 hours to swell. It is convenient to pour over night.
- The water in which the lentils swelled must be drained.
- Pour the lentils into the pot in which the soup will be cooked, again fill it with clean water (a little more than 1 liter).
- Cook the lentils until tender (about 15 minutes), do not drain the water in which they were cooked — this is the basis for the soup.
- Meanwhile, prepare the passerine. Peel and chop the onion. Finely chop the pepper.
- In a well-heated frying pan with 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable oil, fry the onion and pepper mixture over medium heat for 10 minutes. Stir from time to time, so that it does not burn.
- Peel the garlic, chop it not too finely. Toss the passerovka into a saucepan with lentils, add 2 tbsp. l. tomato paste. Throw in the celery root.
- Pour into the soup base another 1 liter of water or a little more, depending on what thickness of soup you want. Bring to a boil. Boil for 10 minutes.
- Then throw in the crushed garlic, oregano (1 tsp), turmeric (1 tsp), bay leaf (1 pc.), black pepper (a couple of pinches) and salt (1.5 tsp.).
- Cook the soup on low heat under the lid for another 5 minutes. Remove from the stove and let rest under the lid for 10 minutes.
- Chop the parsley. Serve with a sprinkle of chopped parsley. Very tasty with toast or croutons.
Lean carrot cake
carrot cake-lean recipe
- 450g raw peeled carrots;
- 150 ml refined vegetable oil;
- 200g sugar;
- 300g dry semolina;
- 1 lemon;
- 100g raisins;
- 150g water;
- 1 bag of vanilla sugar;
- 3 cardamom seeds;
- 0.5 tsp baking soda.
How to cook:
- Turn on the oven at 180C. Carrots should be clean and peeled. Grate the carrots.
- Pick the raisins, wash them with cold water. You do not need to soak the raisins. Wash the lemon well, remove the zest with a fine grater. Squeeze the juice out of half a lemon.
- The second half of the lemon will also be needed, it will later extinguish the soda.
- Cardamom seeds are ground in a coffee grinder. To make the coffee grinder better grind cardamom, and not just scroll it in the bowl, add a couple of tablespoons of sugar to the grinder.
- Knead the dough. Combine the carrots, zest and lemon juice, sugar and vanilla sugar, and crushed cardamom in a bowl. Add 150 ml of water. Mix well and leave the mixture for 5 minutes, so that the carrots release the juice.
- Pour in 150 ml of refined oil. Add the raisins. Mix it up. Add all the semolina. Mix well and leave for 10 minutes, so that the semolina swells a little. 0.5 tsp. soda pour into a tablespoon and extinguish the juice from the second half of a lemon. Carefully mix the foam into the semolina dough, mix again with a spatula.
- Prepare the baking dish. Dry form lubricate inside with vegetable oil (1st. l.) and sprinkle with semolina-so you will create a non-stick coating for the cake. Spread the dough in the form, with the back of a spoon or a spatula, level the surface. Bake for 1 hour at 180C in a well-heated oven.
- The surface of the carrot cake may crack a little-this is normal, but as soon as the first cracks appear, take the cake out of the oven. Let it cool a little and tip the cake pan onto a plate. The cake is easily removed from the mold.
Non-alcoholic mulled wine
- 1 l cherry juice;
- Cinnamon 3 sticks;
- Ginger root 3 cm;
- 1-2 stars of star anise;
- 4-5 cardamom seeds;
- Carnation 3-4 buds;
- Allspice 3-4 peas;
- Nutmeg 2 pinches;
- Half a lemon.
How to cook:
- Spices for mulled wine choose to taste: dry ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom — very pleasant warm flavors. Cloves, star anise-specific and sharp in flavor, they are also important, but it is important not to overdo it with them. Raw (fresh) ginger gives a sharpness in the likeness of hot pepper, it is also necessary to be careful with it.
- Cut the lemon into thin circles.
- Cut the ginger into thin slices.
- Put all the spices, lemon and ginger in a saucepan. Pour 0.5 cups of water and bring to a boil. Then pour in the cherry juice.
- Heat the juice and spices over a low heat.
- Do not bring it to a boil. Heat up to about 80-90 C.
- As soon as the steam begins to rise from the surface and the pan begins to "make noise" as if it will soon boil, turn off the fire. Leave it on the hot plate.