Strawberry season is open! This means that it can be eaten fresh, and you can cook a variety of delicious dishes. MustHub offers you a recipe for cottage cheese sponge cake with strawberries. This is a light and delicate dessert, a wonderful sweet dish on the table when you are waiting for guests or for a family tea party in a narrow circle.
In addition to strawberries, you can use other berries – the taste will not spoil, but the cake with strawberries is still a classic of the genre in the season of this fragrant ripe scarlet berry.
Strawberry cake at home-ingredients:
for the sponge cake:
- 2 eggs,
- 80 g flour,
- 3 tablespoons sugar,
- 10 g baking powder,
- pinch of salt,
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil,
for cottage cheese cream:
- 300 g of fat cottage cheese (or cheese mass),
- 300 g sour cream,
- 80 g butter,
- 150 g of sugar,
- 150 g strawberries,
- 15 g gelatin,
for strawberry jelly:
- 300 g strawberries,
- 10 g of instant jelly,
- 200 ml of water.
Cottage cheese cake with strawberries-step-by-step preparation:
- First, prepare a sponge cake. Beat the eggs with sugar into a fluffy foam using a whisk or blender. Add the sifted flour with baking powder and salt and mix gently.
- Place the dough in a greased form with vegetable oil and bake for 8-10 minutes at a temperature of 180°C. You can check the readiness of the sponge cake with a wooden stick – if the stick is dry, then the sponge cake is ready.
- While the sponge cake is being baked, prepare the cream for the strawberry cake. Soak the gelatin in warm water. Wash the strawberries, dry them and separate them from the stems.
- Whisk the strawberries and sugar with a blender. Set aside a couple of tablespoons, warm up the rest of the puree, add the swollen gelatin and boil until it dissolves. Cool to a warm state.
- Rub the cottage cheese through a sieve and whisk with soft butter and sour cream. Then add the strawberries and gelatin and continue to beat. If desired, you can cut some strawberries and add them to the cream.
- Smear the cooled sponge cake in the form of strawberry puree. Put the cottage cheese cream on top and put the cake with strawberries in the refrigerator for 30-40 minutes, so that it cools down a little.
- While the cake freezes, prepare the strawberry jelly. Dissolve the bag of jelly in warm water, stir and heat a little (but do not boil) until the jelly is completely dissolved.
- Cut the strawberries into slices. Berries randomly lay out in a circle on the curd cream, pour part of the jelly on top. Put it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes, so that the jelly freezes.
- Then pour more jelly and put the cake with strawberries in the refrigerator until completely solidified for 2-3 hours (you can stay overnight).
- Take out the strawberry cake from the refrigerator, carefully, using a knife, separate the side of the mold from the cake and take it off.