Do not miss the apricot season and prepare a sweet supply for the winter. If you are bored with ordinary apricot jam or you don't like it, try to cook it according to non-traditional recipes. The editorial staff of MustHub offers you three ways to make a delicious and fragrant jam from apricots.
Apricot jam with kernels from the seeds
- Apricots — 3 kg
- Sugar — 3 kg
- Wash the apricots with running water, cut them in half and remove the stone, putting it in a separate bowl.
- Cover the apricots with sugar and put the juice on for a few hours or overnight.
- Split the bones with a hammer and get the nucleoli.
- Place the apricots in a large saucepan and put them on a small fire. When the jam boils, boil it for another 5-7 minutes, stirring gently. Remove the resulting foam.
- Remove from the heat, let it cool completely and infuse. Then repeat the procedure again.
- Fill in the bones and boil for the third time for 5-7 minutes.
- Pour the hot jam into pre-sterilized jars and roll up the lid. Turn the jars upside down and cover with a towel until completely cooled.
Apricot jam with orange
- Apricots — 2 kg
- Orange — 2 pcs.
- Sugar— 2 kg
- Wash the apricots and remove the seeds, dividing them into halves.
- Fill the apricots with sugar and put the juice on for an hour.
- Grate the orange zest on a grater. The rest of the peel and the white film are separated from the pulp. Cut the meat into pieces.
- Add the zest and orange pulp to the apricots and mix.
- Put it on a small fire. After boiling, cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Pour the hot jam into sterilized jars and roll up the lid. Turn the jars upside down and cover with a terry towel until completely cooled.
Apricot jam without sugar and cooking
- Apricots — 1 kg
- Honey — 300 g
- Wash and dry the apricots, remove the seeds.
- Crush them in a mash with a pusher or in a blender.
- Add honey and mix. Leave for an hour, then mix again. Then put it in the refrigerator for 12 hours.
- Mix thoroughly every hour so that the jam becomes a thick homogeneous mass.
- Pour the finished jam into sterilized jars and roll up the lid.
- You need to store such jam in the refrigerator. The shelf life is one year.