We all love summer for the abundance of fruits and vegetables that can be bought at the market at an affordable price. June and July are also a great time to stock up on berries and make preparations for the winter. Today we will tell you how to close blueberries for the winter, ground with sugar. According to this recipe, the berries are delicious, retain all the benefits, and there is absolutely little fuss with the recipe.
Blueberries are extremely useful and necessary berries. It contains many useful substances and vitamins, including vitamin C, thanks to which our body fights infections.
Blueberries are particularly famous for their ability to positively influence and improve our vision. It contains anthocyanins-pigments that have an amazing healing effect on the eyes.
Of course, no preservation will replace the use of fresh berries. While the blueberry season lasts, it is advisable to enjoy fresh berries. But you should also think about stocks for the winter. There are many ways to preserve healthy berries.
Recipe for blueberries with sugar without cooking
In winter, blueberries are very useful, mashed with sugar without cooking, the recipe of which is offered to you by MustHub.
- 1 kg of blueberries,
- 2 kg of sugar.
- Carefully select the blueberries. Remove all the debris and twigs.
- If you are not sure about the purity of the collected blueberries, it is better to wash them. To do this, place the berries in a colander and gently chat in a bowl of water, helping with your hand. Dry the blueberries.
- Cover the blueberries with sugar and grind them with a blender. If you plan to store blueberries pureed with sugar in frozen form, then you can put a little less sugar – so its taste and properties will be more natural.
- Fill dry, sterilized jars with blueberries. Top with sugar and cover with plastic lids.
- Blueberries, mashed with sugar, are stored in the refrigerator.
Blueberries with ginger and lemon for winter
We also want to share with you another delicious way to save blueberries for the winter. These frozen berries can be added to the tea to give it a special taste and aroma.
- 2 cups blueberries,
- 0.5 lemon,
- 10 cm of ginger root.
- Squeeze the lemon juice, cut the ginger into pieces.
- Put all the ingredients in a blender bowl and grind them.
- Pour the puree into the ice molds.
- After the blanks are frozen, put them in a bag and store the cubes in the freezer.
Recently, we wrote about how to collect and brew aromatic herbs for tea.