Every hostess at least once in her life prepared jam from fruits or berries. But sometimes you want something unusual and memorable. A rather unexpected option is to make jam from flowers. It turns out very fragrant and tender, and is also useful for various diseases: liver, gallbladder, urinary tract, as well as for problems with the lungs (asthma, bronchitis) and hematopoietic organs (anemia). Dandelion jam has antioxidant properties, removes toxins from the body and is a preventive tool in the fight against cancer.
MustHub will tell you how to make this wonderful dessert and please yourself and your loved ones with an unusual sweetness.
- 300 pieces of dandelion flowers,
- 1 kg of sugar,
- 400 ml of water,
- juice of half a lemon.
- Boil the water, pour the sugar into it and cook the syrup so that the sugar dissolves.
- Put the washed dandelion inflorescences in the syrup, bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes. At the end, add the lemon juice to the syrup and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Remove the syrup from the heat and leave to infuse for a day. Then strain and squeeze through cheesecloth.
- Boil the syrup again for 20 minutes. The dandelion jam is ready. It turns out to be transparent, with a beautiful yellowish color and a very delicate wonderful taste, reminiscent of honey.
- For long-term storage, pour the dandelion jam into the prepared jars and roll it up.