For the Easter table, MustHub offers to prepare a choice of one of two recipes for jelly. These two dishes are very similar in their structure and method of preparation, the only difference is that one is prepared from meat, and the second-from fish with the addition of gelatin. It's up to you and your taste to decide which of them you choose. And if you can't, prepare both at once.
- 2 pork legs,
- 1 pork shank,
- 1 kg of chicken,
- 2 onions,
- 1 carrot,
- 1 white root (parsnip, celery, parsley),
- 5 peas of black pepper,
- 5 peas of allspice,
- 3 bay leaves,
- salt to taste,
- 4 liters of water.
- Pour boiling water over the pork legs and shin, cover with a lid and leave for 1 hour. Then treat, thoroughly cleaning the skin from dirt and bristles, thoroughly wash and cut at the joints. The chicken is also processed, washed and cut into pieces.
- Peel the onions and root vegetables. Put all the meat and bones in a saucepan and cover with cold water, so that the water covers the meat for 6-7 cm.
- Bring the broth to a boil. It is important not to miss the very moment of boiling, reduce the heat and remove all the resulting foam.
- Cover the pan with a lid and reduce the heat to very low. The broth should never boil, but only move slightly. The jelly should cook for about 5 hours. An hour after boiling, add vegetables, spices and a little salt to the broth.
- Jelly is considered ready when the meat completely lags behind the bones, and the cartilage tissue seems to "dissolve". Try the broth with salt, add salt if necessary.
- The quality of the future jelly depends on the viscosity of the broth, which can be checked by squeezing a drop of liquid in your fingers – if your fingers stick together, it means that the jelly will harden.
- Remove the meat from the broth, separate it from the bones, remove the spices and vegetables. Strain the broth. The meat is divided into pieces, spread out in the containers prepared for the jelly and pour the filtered broth. Decorate the jelly with figures of boiled carrots and herbs.
- Initially, put the jelly in a cold place until it cools completely, and then send it to the refrigerator (or to the balcony) so that it freezes. The jelly will be ready in 3-4 hours.
- Serve the jelly with horseradish, mustard or adjika.
Aspic from walleye
- 700 g of walleye,
- 1 onion,
- 1 carrot,
- 1 white root (parsley, celery, parsnip),
- 0.5 pcs of lemon,
- vegetables for decoration,
- 2 bay leaves,
- 3 peas of black pepper,
- 2 peas of allspice,
- 30 g gelatin,
- salt to taste,
- 1.5 liters of water.
- Wash and peel the onion, carrot and white root. Wash the greens as well.
- Clean the fish, gut it, remove the gills, and wash it thoroughly. Separate the head, tail, fins, bones, skin from the walleye and put it in a saucepan along with whole root vegetables, pepper and bay leaf.
- Pour cold water into a saucepan, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and carefully remove the resulting foam. Cook the fish broth for 1 hour on a very low heat, so that it does not boil, but only moves a little.
- Cut the walleye fillet into portions. Put the fillets in the broth, add salt and cook over low heat until tender for 30 minutes. Then carefully remove the pieces of fish fillet from the broth with a slotted spoon, so that they do not break.
- Remove the carrots from the broth and cut them into beautiful figures for decoration, and strain the broth itself through several layers of gauze. Dilute the gelatin in a warm broth until completely dissolved and pour the gelatin mass into the broth.
- Arrange the walleye in serving dishes. Fill the fish with broth, decorate with figures of boiled carrots and herbs. You can also decorate the aspic with other vegetables, olives. Cut the lemon into slices and garnish with zander aspic when it cools slightly, so that the dish does not taste bitter.
- Put the aspic from the pike perch in a cold place for complete cooling, and then in the refrigerator for 4-5 hours, and preferably overnight.
- Serve zander aspic with horseradish.