It's time to collect birch sap. This natural drink is famous not only for its delicate taste, but also for its undoubted benefits. But its season is fleeting and lasts only 2-3 weeks. So have time to enjoy this elixir fresh, as well as make supplies for later.
MustHub will share simple recipes on how to preserve birch juice with different flavors.
Birch juice with citrus fruits
Try birch juice with orange juice. It turns out no worse than ordinary lemonade.
- 5 liters of birch juice,
- 1 orange,
- half a lime,
- 1 cup sugar.
- Strain the birch juice through cheesecloth, put it on the fire and boil it.
- Cut the lime into thin slices along with the peel, scald with boiling water and put it in sterilized jars.
- Squeeze the juice out of the orange.
- Add sugar and orange juice to the birch juice and bring it to a boil again.
- Pour the juice into the jars and roll it up.
- Turn the cans upside down and cover them with a blanket until they cool completely.
Preservation of birch sap with mint
A wonderful refreshing and aromatic drink is obtained if you roll up birch juice with mint.
- 3 liters of birch juice,
- a sprig of dry mint,
- 5 tablespoons sugar,
- a pinch of citric acid.
- Strain the birch sap.
- Put it on the fire, bring it to a boil and remove the foam.
- Add sugar, citric acid and mint to the juice.
- Let the juice boil for 5 minutes and pour into sterilized jars.
- Roll up the cans, turn them upside down, and wrap them in a blanket until they cool completely.