If you observeLent in 2021, we decided to tell you what you can cook for lunch. Read our lunch recipes for every day of the second week of Lent.
- 300 g of peas,
- 1 carrot,
- 1 leek,
- 1 head of onion,
- a piece of celery root and parsley,
- 1-2 tablespoons vegetable oil,
- black pepper peas,
- 1 bay leaf, salt.
- Pre-soak the peas.
- Peas and spicy roots (carrots, onions, celery, parsley) boil in water until fully cooked, add seasonings and spices at the end of cooking.
- When everything is cooked, strain the broth, rub the peas and roots through a sieve.
- Combine the puree with the broth, season with salt.
- Serve the mashed soup, sprinkled with finely chopped dill or parsley. It will be delicious with croutons made from rye or wheat bread.
Carrot salad with honey
- carrot 500 g;
- liquid honey 2 tbsp. l.;
- juice of 1 lemon;
- olive oil 4 tbsp.;
- arugula 100 g;
- chicory 1 head;
- pine nuts 50 g;
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the peeled carrots into thin, long strips.
- Put it in a pot of boiling water for 2 minutes. Toss in a colander and let cool.
- Wash the arugula and chicory.
- Divide the chicory into leaves. In a large bowl, combine the carrots, arugula and chicory. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
- Separately, you can prepare the dressing. Whisk honey, lemon juice and olive oil, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the resulting dressing into the salad, mix thoroughly.
Buckwheat porridge with mushrooms
- 1 cup dry buckwheat;
- 1 onion;
- garlic clove;
- mushrooms - 200 g;
- vegetable oil;
- hot water - 3 cups.
- Cut the mushrooms. If frozen, they must first be soaked for an hour.
- Finely chop the onion.
- In a container for stewing, pour a little oil, put the mushrooms and onions, put them in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Add buckwheat, pour hot water. Put it in a preheated oven (150 degrees) until ready (about 20 minutes).
- 1 kg of pumpkin,
- 2 medium sour apples,
- 2 medium onions,
- 1 clove of garlic,
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste,
- vegetable oil,
- spices to taste: bay leaf, ground black pepper, coriander, paprika.
- Grate the peeled pumpkin on a coarse grater.
- Finely chop the onion, chop the garlic.
- Peel the apples and grate them on a coarse grater.
- Fry the onion in vegetable oil. Then add the grated pumpkin, bay leaf and fry without a lid over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the grated apples and fry for another 5-10 minutes.
- Then add the tomato, garlic, salt and spices, stir and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Serve this dish chilled.
Borscht with sauerkraut
- small beetroot - 1 pc.,
- sauerkraut-half a cup,
- dry dried mushrooms-5-6 pcs.,
- onion - 1 pc.,
- carrot - 1 pc.,
- flour - 1 tablespoon,
- vegetable oil - 25 g,
- tomato - 25 g,
- pepper, bay leaf, salt, parsley-to taste.
- Mushrooms are thoroughly washed several times and cooked until soft.
- Remove the mushrooms from the broth and finely chop. Fry them in vegetable oil.
- In vegetable oil, we pass sauerkraut, carrots, onions, beets, chopped into strips. When the vegetables are slightly fried, add a tablespoon of flour.
- Put the vegetables in a saucepan, pour the mushroom broth. Add tomato paste, pepper and bay leaf.
- Add the mushrooms to the borscht and cook it for another 30 minutes. Sprinkle everything with parsley.
Salad with tomatoes and beans
- cherry tomatoes-15 pcs .
- canned white beans - 1 can
- parsley greens
- olive oil 3-4 tablespoons
- garlic - 3 cloves
- rosemary sprig
- lemon juice - 2 tablespoons
- freshly ground pepper
- Heat the olive oil, add to it coarsely chopped garlic and rosemary. Warm up for 1-2 minutes and set the oil aside for 30 minutes, so that it is saturated with aroma.
- Then remove the garlic and rosemary from the oil. Throw away the rosemary, and rub the garlic in a mortar and return it back to the oil.
- Add salt, pepper, lemon juice and a pinch of sugar, mix everything well.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Chop the parsley finely.
- Mix the beans, tomatoes, herbs and dressing in a bowl and let it stand for 10-15 minutes.
Lean dumplings with mushrooms
for the test:
- 2 cups flour
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup boiling water
for the filling:
- champignons-about 600 g
- onion - 2 pieces
- vegetable oil for frying
- Sift the flour into a bowl, add salt and mix. Make a hole in the center of the flour slide, add vegetable oil and boiling water. Stir, as a result, you should get flour lumps.
- Allow to cool slightly, so that the dough is no longer scalding hot and knead well until smooth. Cover the dough and let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
- For the filling, finely chop the mushrooms and onions. Heat a little vegetable oil in a frying pan and fry first the chopped onion until transparent, then add the chopped mushrooms and fry everything together until the mushrooms are ready and the minced meat is dry.
- Now make dumplings. Boil the dumplings in lightly salted water for about 5 minutes after boiling until the dough is ready.
- Take out the ready-made dumplings with a slotted spoon, smear with vegetable oil.