Colored pancakes from Olga Sumskaya: an unusual recipe for Maslenitsa
The People's Artist of Ukraine shared her recipe for colored pancakes on her Instagram page and showed the cooking process.
Method of making colored pancakes
- Make the dough: beat the eggs with milk and flour, add salt and butter.
- Divide the dough into three plates and add natural juice of different colors from vegetables.
- For the green color, use spinach juice. Beat the spinach leaves with a blender, adding a couple of tablespoons of water to set. Squeeze the juice on a sieve or cheesecloth.
- For the pink color, beets are suitable: broth, rub and squeeze on a sieve.
- Yellow shades can be obtained from the juice of raw carrots, which you need to rub and squeeze the juice on a sieve. Alternatively, you can use turmeric.
- Mix the juice with the dough and bake pancakes.