Due to what has the ancient Indonesian juice become popular with us, the history of which goes back many centuries? How can it be useful and how to cook it properly? Read the answers on MustHub.
Jamu is actually a mixture made from roots, herbs, flowers, bark and spices. Many Indonesians regularly consume this drink, prepared according to ancient recipes that are passed down from generation to generation. It is practiced to maintain good health and treat diseases. But jamu is not only healthy, but also delicious.
It is famous for its anti-inflammatory, tonic and vitamin properties.
What is useful for jamu juice
- Anti-inflammatory properties
The composition of jamu includes anti-inflammatory ingredients, of which turmeric is the most potent. The drink got its rich bright yellow hue thanks to this spice. And ginger contains gingerola compounds, which are endowed with similar anti-inflammatory properties.
- Antioxidants in the composition
Curcuminoids in the composition of the drink act as antioxidants and slow down the aging process, and therefore jamu is considered a rejuvenating agent. They are responsible for preventing damage by free radicals, which cause devastating damage to the body.
- Antiviral properties
Ginger root in folk medicine has long been known for its ability to fight viruses of various etiologies, preventing their further penetration into cells and spread in the body.
- Antibacterial properties
Honey by nature has strong antibacterial properties. This product is especially useful for people with gastrointestinal problems.
How to cook jam
- 100 g of fresh turmeric,
- 50 g of ginger root,
- 1 lime,
- 2 tablespoons of honey,
- a pinch of ground black pepper,
- 800 ml of water.
- Mix turmeric and ginger in a blender, pour in water and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan, put it on medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat and cook the mixture for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, cool slightly and add the freshly squeezed lime juice and honey.
- Mix the jam well, pepper to taste and adjust the sweetness.
- Strain the mixture.
- Pour the filtered jam into a glass container and cool completely.
- Serve the drink warm or cold. You can also dilute the jam with still water or add ice cubes.