"The law must be upheld." King Charles III commented on the detention of his brother, Prince Andrew.
Britain's King Charles III has issued a statement regarding the detention of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's brother, known as Prince Andrew, who is suspected of abuse of office.
In a statement released by Buckingham Palace, the King expressed concern about Andrew's detention on his 66th birthday and said authorities could count on the palace's cooperation in the investigation.
"I have learned with deep concern of the news concerning Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and the allegations of misconduct in the performance of his public duties. A full, fair and proper process now follows, in which this matter will be investigated appropriately and by the appropriate authorities. In this, as I have said previously, they can count on our full and wholehearted support and cooperation," said King Charles III.
He stressed that the case of the king's younger brother would be dealt with in accordance with UK law. "Let me be clear: the law must be followed. As this process continues, it would be inappropriate for me to comment further on this matter. In the meantime, my family and I will continue to carry out our duties."
As a reminder, on the morning of February 19, former Prince Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was detained at the Sandringham estate in Norfolk, where he has lived since being evicted from Windsor Castle. The youngest son of Queen Elizabeth II is suspected of abuse of office amid an investigation into his ties to billionaire pedophile Jeffrey Epstein.
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was married to Sarah Ferguson for 10 years. They divorced in 1996 after 10 years of marriage. The ex-spouses have two adult daughters, Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice.
Фото: MJ Kim/Getty Images, Peter Nicholls — WPA Pool /Getty Images, Daniel Berehulak/Getty Images